I’d like to thank my Mum and my Dad…… What do you mean I havent won yet??!
When the wonderful HCMovieReviews nominated me for this World famous (a what?) award I was chuffed to bits! “People have actually noticed me?” “Worthy of a potentional award?” I ever so smugly quipped… Then I realised there was absolutely no cash prize I almost rolled my eyes and logged off the internet forever. Alas though! I had a change of heart and decided to play along. The truth is I’m very new to this ‘typing words on a screen’ palaver and I know I have some way to go, so to be nominated was an amazing surprise and I’m seriously chuffed to bits. Thankyou!
Anyway, blah blah blah, this here is what a Liebster Award is:
“The Liebster Award is an online award for bloggers to gain more support, recognition and just to get to know the person behind the blogger. It also helps others to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world.”
How does the Liebster Award Work? Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
If you’ve yet to check out HCMovieReviews, do so now, they cover pretty much every big film release with an indepth, unbiased review which 11 times out of 10 I agree with.
So lets crack on with the questions!
- Who is your favourite actor?
I’m not going to lie, this tends to fluctuate over the years however if I was to choose just one then I’d have to go with Will Smith. Not only is his acting impressive but the guy is effortlessly cool. Outside of acting he is a devoted family man, a fantastic rapper and he’s always hilarious. Hugely talented.
- Who is your favourite actress?
I’ll be honest I’m fighting the urge not just to go for the most attractive one on the off chance she reads this a falls instantly in love with me. It’s a difficult one, Sandra Bullock is a fantastic actress and she blew me away in GRAVITY but I’d have to go with Emma Stone because…. Well, because I want her to read this and fall madly in love with me.
- Who is your favourite up and coming actor/actress?
Taron Egerton without a doubt. He was fantastic in KINGSMAN and it seems I’m not the only one who thought that.. he seems to be in a lot of demand now.
- Who is your favourite director?
Ohh man this question! After some thought it came down to Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg. Ridley Scott’s utterly amazing BLACK HAWK DOWN, GLADIATOR and THE MARTIAN are masterclasses in directing but for the shear amount of instant classics and that special kind of magic only Spielberg can bring I had to go for him. Notable films would be *spoiler for next question* JURASSIC PARK, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and SCHINDLERS LIST. No denying they are perfect movies!
- What are 5 of your all time favourite movies?
After far too much thought I decided theres far too many that deserve to be on this list.. I went for the ones that have a special place in my heart. Either for it being the first film ever saw at the cinema to the DVD’s/VHS’s I watched most as a kid.
- JURASSIC PARK
- SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
- THE MATRIX
- THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
- DEMOLITION MAN
- How big is your collection of DVD’s/Blu-rays?
It used to be huge! No joke I had walls full of DVD’s, however as things have turned digital I’ve started to replace my physical collection for one that is stored on a hard drive. The ease of being able to stream them from any room in the house off my network and the ability to quench my weird database organising thirst it’s recently all gone gigabytes.
- If you could have been an extra in any film which film would it be?
JURASSIC PARK without question… It would have been ROARsome! Who wouldn’t want to be in their all-time favourite movie? What I’d have done to be the guy chewed off a toilet and ripped apart!!
- If you could rectify any Academy snub what would it be?
The most recent snub! No Oscar nomination for Best Director for Ridley Scott for THE MARTIAN. Ludicrous. Dicaprio deserves something now too don’t cha think?
- What is your favourite use of music (soundtrack or score) in a movie?
Some that jump to mind would be TRAINSPOTTING, PULP FICTION, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, the power of Rage against the machine – Wake Up at the end of the MATRIX as he powers off the screen :o. I’m going to go with TOP GUN though for the brilliant classic 80’s rock that blasts out as they dog fight thousands of feet above the ground.
- If you could own any movie prop or costume what would it be?
Christian Bale’s BATMAN suit! Damn I’d look beyond sexy!
- For the rest of your life you are only allowed to watch either films released before 2016 or those released during and after this year, which do you choose?
I love watching back on all the old films and there’s certainly a lifetimes worth out there to catch up on but what would cinema be like without the excitement of brand new movies and potential future classics just around the next corner? My biggest buzz from my favourite hobby is of the new and so I would have to choose the latter option!
(These questions will also be put forward to my podcast crew in an upcoming show)
Your questions are as follows:
1. What was the very first film you saw at the cinema and what do you remember about your visit?
2. Which films (if any) have made you cry?
3. Who is your favourite movie character?
4. If you were only able to watch ONE movie for the rest of your life which one would it be?
5. Whats the most important element of a film for you personally?
6. Which film would you love to see a sequel to?
7. Which film have you seen the most and can you put a number of how many times you’ve watched it?
8. Which movie of 2016 are you most excited for?
9. If it were possible, which movie universe would you like to exist in?
10. Where do you think cinema will be in the next 100 years?
11. Do you fancy me? Would you buy me dinner and stroke my dog? (if I had one)
If you have any suggestions, compliments or insults to throw at me then you can do so at these places:
Follow Popcornography on Twitter: @Popcorn_Media
Like us on Facebook: Popcornography
Trash Can: Usually located in your kitchen.